Friday, December 7, 2018

Keto Friendly “Crack” chicken

 I have been following the keto diet off and on for awhile now and I feel like it is a great fit for me because of the great meaty and cheesy recipe choices. My version of “crack” chicken is a little different than some of the versions out there but it is definitely Keto friendly.

  I like to start by cooking my chicken in my instapot which only takes about 12 minutes even if you buy chicken breasts. I usually cook my chicken with low or no sodium chicken broth and then add some minced garlic to liquid. Once it is finished you will be able to shred the chicken easily or you can just add it to the dish as is. I then take shredded cheese, cream cheese and heavy whipping cream and put in a microwave safe bowl and start by warming it for about a minute or so. I think stir it until it all mixes together and make like a cheese sauce, you may have to warm it a little more to get it to mix together.

   Next step is to take out a dish you would bake in and add your chicken first. Next I spread the cheese sauce over the top of the chicken and then I add bacon to the top aswell and add some more shredded cheese to the dish(optional).  After you add your topping you can now bake it at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese and let everything cook together.

  Some other things that I might add to it are cauliflower or broccoli(I usually just cook it on the side). Another option to give it a little kick is to add a can of rotel but careful because the tomatoes are not carb free but if this is your only carbs for the day you should be fine.

Keto-Friendly “Crack Chicken”
Disclaimer ( all my recipes and measurements are approximate as I make this stuff up as I go)

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
8 ounces of shredded cheese
1 block of cream cheese(sometimes I only use half )
Heavy whipping cream (just add enough to cheese mix to make it mix up)
Bacon (cook in microwave before putting on top)


No comments:

Post a Comment